By registering or placing an order on this site, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
The following words and expressions shall have the following meanings unless the context otherwise requires:
- “Compliance Officer” Guitar Lessons Nottingham, 177 Wollaton Street, Nottingham, NG1 5GE.
- “cookies” A cookie is a small amount of data sent from the server, which is then stored on your computer’s hard disc drive
- “DPA” Data Protection Act 1998.
- “data processors” All as defined in the DPA – the full text of these definitions can be obtained by visiting “process, processing” www.hmso.gov.uk.
- “personal data” All as defined in the DPA – the full text of these definitions can be obtained by visiting “process, processing” www.hmso.gov.uk.
- “sensitive personal data” All as defined in the DPA – the full text of these definitions can be obtained by visiting “process, processing” www.hmso.gov.uk.
- “site” guitarlessonsnottingham.com
- “User”A customer purchasing products from the site
- “you, your” An individual or company visiting the site, or a User of the site.
2.2 We do not anticipate collecting or processing any of your sensitive personal data.
2.3 Our primary reason for collecting your personal data is to process your orders for goods from our site and provide you with the most efficient service possible.
2.5 Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects personal information.
3. Our policy for processing your personal data
What personal data do we process and where do we get it from?
3.1 When you contact us via the ‘Contact Us’ link on the site or email us we will collect personal data from you.
3.2 Personal information may also be obtained
- automatically by your internet browser.
- by our recording telephone calls.
3.3 When a User places orders for goods and subsequently submits payment for goods.
4. What do we do with your personal data?
4.1 We will process your personal data so that:
- 4.1.1 We can process your order for the purchase of goods from the site subject to the terms and conditions of the site.
- 4.1.2 We can deal with the general queries you raise from time to time through the “Contact Us” or “Trade Enquiries” link on the site.
- 4.1.3 We can process orders placed by Users.
- 4.1.4 We can process payment made by Users.
4.2 Other purposes for which we will process your personal data are:
- 4.2.1 The general administration of Users records by us.
- 4.2.2 The general maintenance of our database and records by us.
- 4.2.3 For security purposes to protect your personal data held and/or processed by us.
- 4.2.4. For training our employees in respect of providing our service to you.
- 4.2.5 To maintain records of payments made by Users.
- 4.2.6 For our general marketing purposes.
- 4.2.7 [To send you information (by post, email, by telephone about other products and services of ours, any companies which are part of the group of companies which we may be a part of from time to time, and/or other carefully selected companies, in each case that we think may be of interest to you. This is often referred to as 'direct marketing' and 'host mailing' respectively.]
4.3 When you enter the site, your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track traffic flaws. If you wish to reject our cookie, you can configure your browser to do so , alternatively you can ask your internet browser to alert you when a cookie is being set up.
5. Who else gets to see your personal data?
5.1 Our data processors.
5.3 Such financial service providers used by us from time to time for the purpose of processing payment and carrying out security and credit checks.
5.4 [Insert any others in the fulfilment process]
6. Your Rights
6.1 You have the right to object to your personal data being used for ‘direct marketing’ and/or ‘host mailing’ purposes (see 4.2.7 above).
6.3 You have the right under the DPA to request from us information as to what personal data we are processing about you. Such requests should be made via email or via the “Contact Us” link and should be accompanied by a £10.00 fee. We will provide you with the relevant information within 40 days of receipt of the said fee.
6.4 You have other rights under the DPA in relation to our processing of your personal data.
7. Maintenance of your personal data
7.1 We are committed to the security of your personal data. All of our employees with access to your personal data and/or are associated with the processing of that data are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
7.2 We have implemented technology measures and security policies to protect the personal data that we have in our control from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
9. Contact Information
9.1 If you have any queries about our processing or use of your personal data you should write, in the first instance to our Compliance Officer.
9.2 If you want to learn more about your rights regarding your personal data, you should contact the information commissioner’s office information line on: (0044) 01625 545745 or visit their website at http:\\ www.ico.gov.uk\.